Another co-worker in the Montreal Mother trade, learning and teaching code!
For the past year, I have been increasingly convinced that every kid should learn to code. Since I have daughters and I work at an all-girls’ school, my interest tends to lean toward getting girls interested in programming, but I guess boys can still learn too (before you get your knickers in a knot- I was kidding! Of course, boys should learn too. But not frogs. They would have to invent a flipper friendly keyboard).
Here are some of my talking points on this subject:
- Computers are ubiquitous in our life
- Yet most of us have no idea how they work
- It is going to be increasingly necessary to know how they work even if you are not in a computer science field.
- Yet learning how to program is not part of our curriculum
- Many of the most interesting, flexible and highly paid jobs are in computer science
- Yet the…
View original post 564 more words